Cognita leverages Cornerstone HCM to enrich its collaborative environment and strengthen global connectivity
LONDON – 23 May 2019 - Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software, today announced Cognita is using Cornerstone Learning, Performance and HR suites to establish a shared identity throughout the Cognita group and improve communication across its global network of employees. Cognita also plans to implement the Cornerstone Recruiting suite to attract and retain top talent.
Cognita was founded in 2004 and has since built a global network of some 70 schools, 7,000 employees and more than 43,000 students. The group has 40 schools in the UK and others in Spain, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Brazil and Chile.
Building a collaborative environment across the group has been an important initiative for the company. One of Cognita’s primary business goals is to uphold the group’s standards of educational excellence, not only within the individual schools, but across three continents. Since recently rolling out Cornerstone’s capabilities globally, the company has started to establish a sense of global community while consolidating and centralising HR processes.
Before using Cornerstone, Cognita faced a multitude of different HR systems, using traditional methods of administration such as Excel spreadsheets or paper-based processes. Cognita wanted a partner that could deliver an intuitive and efficient experience for both HR teams and employees alike. Cornerstone was able to provide Cognita with a flexible, modern platform — helping the organisation move away from its traditional systems while ensuring global consistency and alignment.
Using Cornerstone Learning, Performance and HR, Cognita is able to:
- Increase opportunities for professional development. Cognita wants to be ‘the best at getting better’. Using Cornerstone Learning suite, Cognita employees now have access to a flexible and personalised learning catalogue, showcasing the expertise that exists throughout the schools and beyond. The bespoke learning content will help all employees benefit from expertise and research in the educational field.
- Establish a global community. Cognita has used Cornerstone’s platform to establish communities where like-minded colleagues from across the group gather to connect and collaborate on shared interests and events: academic, operational and more.
- Get the basics right. Cornerstone HR will help improve cohesion across the group and establish a clear picture of the global workforce. The suite will help Cognita to move away from traditional processes and develop digital, modern HR procedures, ensuring consistency, accuracy and efficiency of people data throughout the organisation.
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement. Cornerstone Performance suite supports Cognita’s internal performance management process that is premised around a manager talking with his or her team members about their strengths, areas for development, and aspirations. Managers are provided with key data about their team so they can support ongoing people development.
- Workforce mobility – learning anywhere, anytime. Employees are able to access learning and development content wherever and whenever they need to through an intuitive platform. With a substantial number of Cognita’s employees being teachers who spend seven to eight hours a day in a classroom, the platform had to be mobile-friendly and provide bite-size learning that was easy to consume.
- Attracting and retaining top teaching talent. Attracting, recruiting and retaining exceptional teachers is central to Cognita’s strategic priorities, and the company will soon be embarking on implementation of the Cornerstone Recruiting suite as the starting point of a refreshed talent management and employee retention strategy.
“At Cognita, we share one common purpose: to create an inspiring world of education that builds self-belief and empowers individuals to succeed. This applies firstly to the children in our care, but also to our people. To do this successfully, we need to build a culture of learning and collaboration. Teachers in Europe can now share expertise with teachers in Asia and Latin America which, in turn, is helping the organisation create a more consistent approach to how we educate our children across the globe.” explained Stuart Rolland, CEO Europe and Sponsor of the HR Transformation programme, Cognita.
Ian Thistlewood, HR transformation programme manager, Cognita adds, “The foundations for transformational culture change – consistent HR process and information - are not always as visible as the learning and communities offering but are crucial. Cornerstone provides us the enabling technology to support this change”.
“Encouraging a culture of collaboration across all of its schools is key for Cognita and achieving consistent use of world-class processes enables the continued development of a global group. Like Cognita, Cornerstone operates across a multitude of countries and establishing a solid global employee process and data foundation was essential in building a collaborative environment for our employees globally. We look forward to supporting the Cognita organisation in its effort to equip and shape young people with the self-belief and global perspective they need to grow, thrive and succeed in today’s fast changing world,” said Vincent Belliveau, chief executive EMEA, Cornerstone.
- For more information about the Cornerstone Learning suite, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/learning-suite
- For more information about the Cornerstone Performance suite, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/performance-suite
- For more information about the Cornerstone HR suite, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/cornerstone-hr-suite
Cornerstone was founded with a passion for empowering people through learning and a conviction that people should be your organisation’s greatest competitive advantage.
Cornerstone is a global human capital management leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle.
Featuring comprehensive recruiting, personalised learning, development-driven performance management, and holistic HR planning, Cornerstone’s human capital management platform is successfully used by more than 3,500 global clients of all sizes, spanning more than 42 million users across 192 countries and 43 languages.
Learn more at cornerstoneondemand.co.uk.