Celtic Manor Resort Selects Cornerstone to Revolutionise HR
Five-star resort will use Cornerstone HCM to cement its goal of being an employer of choice in hospitality
LONDON – 15 May 2019 - Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software, today announced that Celtic Manor Resort has selected the Cornerstone Human Capital Management (HCM) platform to digitally transform the organisation, evolve its talent management strategy and establish an employee-centric experience.
Celtic Manor is an independent, family-owned resort set in 2,000 acres of rolling Welsh countryside. The resort is renowned as one of Europe’s finest golf, spa and business destinations and has played host to a variety of world-class events including the NATO Summit 2014, the 2010 Ryder Cup, Polo at the Manor, the Celebrity Cup and many more.
The company’s reputation is built on exceptional service, outstanding hospitality and exceeding expectations, and the 1,400-people strong workforce helps Celtic Manor Resort provide a five-star luxury experience for all its guests. Since the workforce includes a strong representation of millennials, Celtic Manor Resort looked to Cornerstone to transform its processes and implement an HR solution that would appeal to its digitally savvy and career-driven workforce.
Digitisation is one of Celtic Manor Resort’s key business goals and the HR department plays a huge part in helping the company achieve their objective of transforming the company. Cornerstone will enable Celtic Manor Resort to optimise their HR processes, allowing them to focus on their people culture and cement the goal of being an employer of choice.
When considering a new provider, the organisation needed a partner that could help centralise all their HR processes in a modern and streamlined way. Crucially, the platform needed to be employee-centric and encourage self-directed learning. Cornerstone was able to provide Celtic Manor Resort with a flexible, intuitive platform, helping the organisation move away from traditional systems to cloud-based HR processes and allowing them to future-proof the business.
Using Cornerstone HCM platform, Celtic Manor Resort will be able to:
- Optimise HR processes. Using Cornerstone HR, the organisation offers its employees an easily accessible, mobile-friendly system that they can use at work or on the move. This self-service technology empowers the workforce and encourages collaboration across the company.
- Increase employee engagement. Cornerstone will help improve the user-experience and enable employees to take charge of their own career path. Using Cornerstone Performance suite, both employees and senior management will have the opportunity to grow in the business, whilst directing their own learning and development paths.
- Recruit and retain talent. The Cornerstone Recruiting suite will optimise and streamline the recruiting process. Celtic Manor Resort will not only be able to attract candidates more efficiently, but also onboard and retain their talent by delivering a smooth candidate experience.
- Develop a culture of learning. Previously, Celtic Manor Resort delivered learning and development programmes through classroom-style learning. Using the Cornerstone Learning suite, the company can now offer a digital, blended approach to learning - allowing employees to personalise their learning experience through an intuitive platform.
“If we want to keep being an employer of choice and remain competitive in the market, then a focus on our people is key. Digitally transforming the HR department will enable us to focus on impactful talent management initiatives and encourage our employees to proactively take control of their development. Using Cornerstone HCM, we are able to standardise and optimise our HR processes, ensuring that we attract and retain the right talent to drive business success and ultimately, provide a five-star experience for our guests,” explained Alison Bates, head of HR, Celtic Manor Resort.
“The hospitality industry continually faces challenges when it comes to retaining talent, and in this time of uncertainty, businesses in the industry need to prioritise their people if they are to thrive in the future workplace. By focussing on comprehensive, digitally-enabled employee and candidate experiences, Celtic Manor Resort will empower its workforce and equip them with the tools needed to succeed in the skills economy. Service is at the heart of our culture and we look forward to supporting a services-oriented organisation like Celtic Manor in its efforts to build and maintain its reputation as a great employer,” said Vincent Belliveau, chief executive EMEA, Cornerstone.
- For more information about the Cornerstone Learning suite, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/learning-suite
- For more information about the Cornerstone Performance suite, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/performance-suite
- For more information about the Cornerstone Recruiting suite, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/recruiting-suite
- For more information about the Cornerstone HR suite, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/cornerstone-hr-suite
Cornerstone was founded with a passion for empowering people through learning and a conviction that people should be your organisation’s greatest competitive advantage.
Cornerstone is a global human capital management leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle.
Featuring comprehensive recruiting, personalised learning, development-driven performance management, and holistic HR planning, Cornerstone’s human capital management platform is successfully used by more than 3,500 global clients of all sizes, spanning more than 42 million users across 192 countries and 43 languages.
Learn more at cornerstoneondemand.co.uk.